Monday 8 August 2011

Home on the horizon

Only three more days, and I'll be heading for home, with a good break in prospect - from Friday, I'll be off for 11 of the following 12 days. It's slightly irritating, given that I applied for the leave at the beginning of June, that I couldn't get the one extra day to make it a complete break, but summer Saturdays are always coveted as time off, and some of my colleagues were obviously more proactive than me - we have an agreement that no more than six staff can be on leave at any one time, and I was number 7 on the list - so that I'm going to have to travel up on Saturday week to do one night shift. Long distance commuting, with a vengeance!
I'm looking forward to my time off with more than usual relish - I've worked quite a bit of overtime since returning from my suspension, and I've volunteered for more tomorrow, another twelve hour shift in the offing, but, on top of that, I'm still far from convinced that I really want to be here doing the job at all, and there's always the ongoing pressures of finances and my inner demons to contend with, too. All in all, some 'downtime' in Cornwall with the family will be very welcome.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's not as if you don't deserve it! When the time comes - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice break! I'm sure it will be restful and recharging, and give you a chance to decompress.

    Be safe traveling!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Brian, Micky and Jay
    I'm certainly looking forward to it, and I certainly feel I need a break, too - after my latest twelve (well, eleven if I'm being honest, I finished on a break) hour stint today, I'm running on empty at the moment. I'll do my best to make the most of it.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete