Thursday 25 August 2011

More inconsequential stuff

It hasn't been the most eventful 24 hours of my life, which may or may not be a bad thing, but there have been a couple of bits of what I might call 'good news', albeit of the 'very small earthquake' variety.
I managed to extend my lead at the head of the Runic Drops all-time high score table by another three and a half million points. The game's a real time waster, but when I'm away from home, or even sometimes when I'm at home, it keeps me out of mischief. That's the problem with open-ended games - you always think you can do better than your previous best, even if it does takes hours on end to do it. Slightly more substantive is the discovery that my all-time favourite online story, The Geppetto Project, has been 'reborn' as a kind of a sequel, The Green Tree Updates, although it's more, I suppose, a continuation of the same story under a different name rather than an actual sequel. Whatever it is, I still love it, and its cast of characters, including, and especially, the boy whose name I've 'borrowed' as my nom-de-plume. Would that I could meet someone like Sammy in reality. I'd definitely die with a smile on my face.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Be careful about earthquakes - we had ours the other day! And now a hurricane is headed our way. How much fun is that?! :-)

    Glad you've got stuff to fill the time.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Careful, you'll have me believing in Armageddon - not!
    And yes, I can always find myself something to do - life's too short to waste it being bored.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete