Monday 15 August 2011

Why is it the weather forecasters are only right....

....when they forecast bad weather? At breakfast time today, my wife was listening, as she often does, to our local commercial radio station. She told me that, if I had anything outdoor-ish in mind I should do it this morning, because the weather forecast was for rain this afternoon and evening. And the rain has duly arrived. Wonderful.
As it's transpired, I didn't really miss much by avoiding the weather, because I've spent quite a bit of today writing, having resuscitated another of my wide selection of drafts in 'Cuckoos' and managed to move it on quite substantially. It's still only a draft, six or seven hours on, but it's a lot nearer to being postable than it was.
Brownie points of the day were earned by going through yet more financially related paperwork with my wife this evening, including completing one particular form for the second time - do these financial institutions not retain any of the stuff you send them? I can only presume not, if they're sending out exactly the same form that I filled in just a couple of months ago, and expecting it to be filled in again. Life's too bloody short for pointless bureaucratic nonsense like that, in my opinion.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment