Wednesday 24 August 2011

Let's agree to disagree

I've been thinking about how to describe my blog in one sentence, and here's what occurred to me. A lot of it has been about coming to an accommodation with myself. Because I think, the way society is at present, that's the best I can hope for. Because my desires are so anathema to the overwhelming majority of the 'general public', there's no hope of my coming to any kind of understanding with them, no prospect of meaningful negotiations, because they already 'know' they're right, and I'm vile, therefore no point in even trying. Equally, I know I'm not going to suddenly change, suddenly become the average 'red-blooded male', or even the average gay man, and, in all honesty, taking into account that I can't wish away my proclivities, I don't especially want to change into anything 'acceptable', but untrue to myself. Even if I never do more than look, for the rest of my life, I'd much rather look at cute boys like the young Spaniard (well, Spanish speaking, at least) who got on my train with his family at one of the principal stations last night, and whose reflection on the, by then, dark window I spent a goodly part of the last hour of my journey admiring (they were sitting in the bay of seats immediately behind me, so I couldn't see him directly), than any female or adult male my imagination could envisage. So, there you go. I'll accept that I'm never going to be accepted, as long as the world at large accepts that I'm not going to compromise, either. Let's agree to disagree.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. I don't disagree with you!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I don't disagree with me, either - I think!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I just love window shopping like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Micky
    Undoubtedly better to look at than anyone else on a late (ish) evening train journey, even in reflection.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty is all around us in all sorts of shapes and figures. There's nothing wrong in appreciate that.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Daniel
    To a lot of people, sadly, even looking at someone beautiful, if they fall into some arbitrary definition of a 'child', is tantamount to molestation. I don't see anything wrong with looking, but then the 'right thinkers' would accuse me of saying that to try and justify my 'perversion'. Simply desiring is enough for me to be damned, it seems, whether I act on those desires or not.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete