Monday 1 August 2011

Tired and emotional

And no, I'm not using the phrase ironically or euphemistically as it often tends to be. I'm as un-drunk as I'm ever likely to be, not having had an alcoholic drink for almost a fortnight. Tired, having done another extra shift today, finishing my week of nights at 7:30 this morning, then going back to work at 1:30 this afternoon. Emotional, because, and this is ironic, after having been given some very good advice about how I might deal with the shambles that passes for my 'inner life', I simply got depressed at the realisation that I couldn't possibly enact the advice in my situation and with my personality, and that there still isn't a way out of the maze. At least the oblivion of sleep will make it all go away for a few hours.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. OMG, only 6 hours off?!?!?! And they expect you to be alert and aware? Yeesh!

    Hope you slept well. Interesting to hear about the advice that you can't take.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I did volunteer for the extra shift on Sunday afternoon, and it was covering the least busy position, too, so it's not as bad as it might seem.
    The advice was along the lines of 'find a legal/ethical outlet' for my hidden side, and was all very rational and logical, and generously given with my best interests at heart, but, as I've said before, it just isn't what I want, so I just carry on as before, at least for the moment.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete