Friday 19 August 2011

Time flies

I've been off work and at home for just over a week, but it hardly seems like it. I've got to head back 'up country' tomorrow for my 'guest appearance' night shift, then when I get back to Cornwall, sometime around Sunday lunchtime, I'll be faced with the prospect of only having one more complete day off - Monday - before I'm back at work definitively, on Wednesday morning (Tuesday doesn't count, in my book, as a day off, because it will be structured around travelling back to Surrey in late afternoon/early evening). The fact that I haven't done anything much during my time off isn't an issue, it's the fact that it's the exception rather than the rule that brings me down.
Today's agenda hasn't thrown up anything too exciting, although I did post a little, fun thing in 'Cuckoos' which I'm rather smugly pleased with (not that I'm making any claims to its being wildly original). After the rather heavy stuff of the previous couple of days, I don't think a little bit of light relief has come amiss. It was one of the denizens of my ridiculously populous 'drafts' list, which I tarted up and added a bit to before posting it, and that's something I want to try and do a bit more - there are some fairly good ideas, IMHO, amongst the drafts, it's being willing and able to consolidate those ideas that has been the problem. Hopefully, I'll be able to maintain the momentum and get back into a more active phase of my fiction writing. As usual, no promises, though - I know there have been quite a few of these false dawns over the last 15 months of the history of 'Nephelokokkygia/Cuckoos'.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about getting back to it...I am reaching a point on my own blog that I'm having trouble digging up new stories. We shall see what happens in the future.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I suppose that's the advantage of writing fiction - you're only limited by the bounds of your imagination. Having said that, you've still got to commit to the perspiration to complement the inspiration, which is where I fall down, more often than not.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete