Tuesday 20 March 2012

The cure is worse than the disease

I'm still at home, and will probably be for another day or two. The medication I was prescribed yesterday for the oedema is a diuretic, so the toilet has become my new best friend today! The prospect of a four and a half hour train journey in such circumstances was out of the question, so I'm on the sick for the first time in over a year. Hopefully my system won't take long to adapt to the new pills, and I'm expecting to be back at work before the weekend. Still, given that I was supposed to be heading back to four weeks away, the prospect of an extra couple of days in Cornwall, even in slightly embarrassing circumstances, is a welcome one. It doesn't come without a price, though - my wife has found my predicament thoroughly amusing. Schadenfreude, moi?! Well, yes, actually!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. I just quit taking a diuretic, on my doctor's suggestion. I know I don't miss all the extra trips to the bathroom!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, not my idea of a fun day - but, just about, better than going back to Surrey!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Guten Morgen Sammy,
    Is "Schadenfreude" an used word in English?
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guten Tag Nikki
      Yes, schadenfreude is fairly common in English, usually understood to mean 'taking pleasure in someone else's misfortune', not always maliciously, though, just a slightly stronger version of 'teasing'.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  3. I spent the last week sick at home. I didn't get a thing done and hated it, but given that I was delirious and running a fever of 105 I suppose I can be forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello
      I hoe you're feeling much better now - that sounds like some fever. Being laid up is a pet hate of mine, too, I'm a seriously impatient patient!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete