Wednesday 14 March 2012

Sinking in a quagmire of hate

Following on from the post I made earlier, I found a link from the Twitter hashtag link I mentioned, where I was 'treated' to another morass of homophobic cant. OK, I'll admit to being biased, to being on the wrong side of the fence from many people's perspective, but I have to say I just cannot, in any way, understand the vehemence of the hatred aimed at LGBT people. I can easily understand why people wouldn't want to live a 'gay' lifestyle, whatever that is, themselves - if it's not their thing, why would they want to? But it is completely beyond me as to why they arrogate to themselves the 'right' to deny those who do want to live life their way the option to do so. I wouldn't for a moment presume to tell anyone they had to live like, be like, me, so why should anyone think that they've got the right to say that I should be like them? If you don't like it, don't do it. If you don't like what I want, please feel free to mind your own fucking business.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

5 comments:

  1. I agree 100% I cannot figure out what the hell is wrong with the haters. Just can't figure it out.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I suppose it's like any other prejudice - there is no logical reason for it, and I suspect the haters know that, so they shout all the louder to compensate for the lack of substance in their position. The more irrational, sadly, the more difficult it is to communicate.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (A typo in my previous comment made it completely rubbish. Here we go again:)

    I'm completely with Jay here. I just can't understand the negative motivation of haters. At all. You just have to ignore them and their non-existent lives, no matter how hard that may be.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daniel
      It would be easier to ignore the haters if they weren't trying to tell others how to live. The levels of vitriol make it hard to cope with, too, the seemingly widely held view that if you don't take their 'advice' and become like them, it's quite acceptable for you to be discriminated against, verbally abused, physically attacked or even killed. And that's before I even get started on their political cohorts trying to legislate their way into your bedroom. The whole thing is depressing and infuriating in almost equal measure.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete