Thursday 22 March 2012

A definite maybe, and a definite definite

My wife had a job interview this morning, and came back in reasonably good spirits, saying that it had gone fairly well. No celebrations as yet, because there were, needless to say, other contenders, but she was satisfied that she'd given it her best shot. We won't be kept in suspense for too long, if all goes according to plan, because she was told to expect a decision tomorrow. Maybe a turning point, who knows?
Either way, I'm back in Surrey, and back to work in the morning. I don't think I've been so unenthusiastic about coming back at any time since I've been working up here as I was this afternoon when I set out, and I don't feel much better about it now that I'm back at the accommodation. In a backhanded way, my reluctance to return could be a good sign - given that I wasn't at all sure what my reception was going to be like when I got home a fortnight ago, in the light of the then recent revelation about me and its fallout, I could have been back here in much shorter order. As it is, I definitely know I'd much rather still be at home than embarking on what will probably be four, and could be as many as six weeks away. Beggars can't be choosers, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I'll cross my fingers for your wife. It's great she even got an interview this quickly.

    Welcome back to Surrey. I understand your trepidation. But at the same time, I have to wonder that if your wife wanted to call it splits-ville, etc. etc. etc., that she would have started right in on that, so perhaps she understands that you can be her husband, your daughter's father, and still be gay. At least you don't have to admit that you've acted on it - truthfully.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I did stress the point that I hadn't been unfaithful to my wife when we had our heart-to-heart recently. Ironically, the only time there's been even a remote possibility of my straying in the time we've been together was with another woman, an 'old flame', not long after we'd married, and well before my daughter came along. Even then, nothing happened, and I told her about it shortly afterwards, and the matter was soon resolved. I suppose it could be said that I've been helped in my fidelity by wanting something that's so unobtainable, but, whatever the reason, the marriage vows are intact, so that, hopefully, might work in my favour.
      The job application was a bit of a rush job - I saw it on the internet on Wednesday of last week, the closing date was last Friday, and the interviews were yesterday. No news, at least none that's headed my way as yet regarding the outcome. Still hoping for the best, thanks for the good wishes.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello
      Thanks for the good wishes - as I said to Jay, I'm still waiting for news at the moment.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete