Sunday 18 March 2012

Death in....Asda?

Maybe I'm misremembering a film I saw donkey's years ago, but something that happened today seemed to be suggestive of a scene in Death in Venice. I'm sure von Aschenbach followed Tadzio through the byways of Venice, catching odd glimpses of him as their respective positions and the 'lie of the land' allowed, and if I've recalled it correctly, I had a similar experience in the supermarket this afternoon. There was a seriously cute boy, in a grey tracksuit, that I caught sight of from time to time as we progressed around the shop, up this aisle and down that, but always, it seemed,  just disappearing around the next corner before I could enjoy the view. It's all nonsense, no doubt, but that's the kind of incurable romantic - of sorts! - I am.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! Bet that was fun! I had the pleasure of manning an aid station at a marathon yesterday (see my latest blog post), and the eye candy was astounding! Alas, most of it was running away!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Fun? I don't know - maybe in a masochistic sort of fashion. On the whole, though, I'd rather have been able to admire his charms in a less fleeting way. But he wasn't running off into the middle distance, at least!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete