Friday 23 March 2012

Spring in the air

Back to work on earlies this morning, on not much more than four hours sleep, so I was groggy, to say the least. One pleasant aspect was the fact that it was already starting to get light as I left for the station at 5:45, albeit that daybreak was rather muted, or shrouded, by a fairly thick blanket of mist, which took until mid morning to clear definitively. Once it had gone, though, it was a thoroughly pleasant day, plenty of warm sunshine, even if I was too tired to do much with it. I'm hoping to be a bit more venturesome tomorrow, though, when, if the news is to be believed, it is expected to be warmer in London than in Madrid, Rome or Athens. Hyperbole, in all probability, but if it proves to be a repeat of today, it might be conducive to an hour or two of boy spotting. There's always the downside of 'you can look, but you can't touch' frustration in such circumstances, but a few cutie-inspired gooey moments will be at least some recompense.
No word about the outcome of my wife's job interview was forthcoming during the day, despite what she was told yesterday, so we'll have to wait until after the weekend now, I would imagine. At least there hasn't been a 'no', so still some cause for optimism.
And, for no better reason than that I really like it, a picture I found here:


Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Our temp hit about 85oF today! SUMMER is here!
    You saw my day on my latest post, no viewings at all :-(

    I hate it when they give you a date, then you don't hear anything. Unfortunately, that usually means "no", but I am hoping for the best!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    No such tropicality here today, as predicted, but it was pleasant enough, even mild enough for outdoor shirtsleeves for a while. The rule of thumb for us Brits is that if we get a good spring, we have a lousy summer - or if we have a lousy spring, we get a lousy summer anyway! Not while you're over here, though, hopefully!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete