Saturday 10 March 2012

Parallels, and plenty to do

Much as I went through a 'What have I done?' phase after coming out to my wife last week, she's had a similar experience about the situation with her job during the course of today. Like me, though, I think she's burnt her bridges, and needs to look forward to what comes next, as opposed to regretting what's passed, and I've told her so. We spent quite a while earlier looking at job and housing options, courtesy of the internet, to the point where my wife's eyes were starting to glaze over more than a little. The only immediate practical outcome is that we've rung the relevant agency to express an interest in a rented house back in the village we lived in when we first moved to Cornwall, somewhere that all of us are very fond of, so there could be a sliver lining of sorts if circumstances find us there when the dust settles. There was another house, too, one that I would almost sell my soul for, if I had one to sell, and not out of reach financially, either, with a view across a favourite beach of ours and out to sea, although I have to admit it would make transport options very awkward, especially for my daughter to get to and from school. A very appealing daydream, though. Jobwise, we found a couple of things that I certainly believe my wife could do, and do well, albeit in a slightly different field than she's been involved with hitherto, but whether I can convince her, or, probably more significantly, she can convince herself that it's for her remains to be seen.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I suspect most people have a "what have I done?" phase, between making a major change in their life and coming to terms with it. I did, when I came out; I think I would if I resigned from my job, even if I already had another one to go to.

    It sounds as if the housing and job searches are heading in the right direction - I hope they continue that way.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    I guess it's natural to be unsettled by the walls of the 'comfort zone', of familiarity, being breached. It takes time and effort, I think, to assimilate the new situation, and that's where I was 10 days ago, and where my wife is now.
    It's by no means absolutely certain that we'll have to move, but we think that it's prudent to at least look at the available options, and if we can find somewhere congenial, all the better.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward is almost always a positive step. At least there is no talk of needing TWO places to live...I truly hope it will all work out sooner than later!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm trying to be as positive as I can, and trying to instil the same mood in my wife, too. Progress won't happen by magic, though, and there's still plenty to do, both in practical and emotional matters.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete