Sunday 11 March 2012

Sunny Sunday

It's been a thoroughly springlike day here today, notably warm and sunny. I can't claim that we used the sunshine to best advantage, really, because the only time we went out was to the supermarket to do some grocery shopping, but it was nice to look at, at least. There were a few tensions this morning, too, no real hostilities breaking out, but I think my wife thought I was trying to put pressure on her about job hunting, whereas I thought I was just asking about what she intended to do. I bit my tongue, because I've got no wish to argue at the moment, but that is another problem with our situation, and, specifically, my part in it - I'm feeling I can't say what I think, in case my wife turns around and says she doesn't want me here anymore. A bit of a 'living on a knife edge' sort of feeling, for want of a better description.
I found an intriguing new blog - a Tumblr, actually - earlier on, seemingly belonging to an aspiring writer, containing some interesting quotations. Here's one I especially liked, with my 51 going on 14 kind of personality -

What is the use of being a boy if you grow up to become a man, what is the use?
— Gertrude Stein 



The blog is called 'peeling the orange', and you'll find the link in my blog list. I'll be interested to see how it develops.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment