Monday 19 March 2012

Many more, and I'll rattle

I went to see my GP on Friday, not because of any new health issues, but for one of the periodic reviews of my existing condition, the heart arrhythmia. She decided that it was time I had another blood test and ECG, to see if anything had changed of late, so I was back off to the surgery this morning. for an appointment that was supposed, as far as I was concerned, to encompass both tests. Sadly, it seemed that the doctor had booked me into the wrong clinic, so I could only have the blood taken first time around, and had to go back this afternoon for the ECG. That would've been irritating enough in itself, but was exacerbated when the practice nurse who was administering the test spotted, when applying one of the ECG electrodes, that my leg was rather swollen, and called the doctor in. I was diagnosed with peripheral oedema, which came as a complete lack of a surprise to me, because I've had this issue, on and off, for years, but because I've never seen it as a problem, I've never done anything about it. The upshot of it is that I'm on yet another pill for the next four weeks. Hence the title of this post. Too many pills, costing too much, for too little benefit. The joys of impending old age and its concomitant physical deterioration, needless to say.
At least, for once, it wasn't all bad news today. The first job my wife has applied for since her resignation just over a week ago has resulted in an interview on Thursday. There are, of course, no guarantees, but at least she's cleared the first hurdle. I'm pretty convinced it's a job she could easily do, but it is a slight departure from her previous work history, so it depends, I suppose, on what sort of impression she makes, and who she's up against. Like any other job interview, thinking about it!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment