Tuesday 13 March 2012

I've had a glimpse of the future....

....and it wasn't a pretty sight. There was no actual argument, but it was made pretty clear to me that if I want to stay in any sort of relationship with my wife, I'm going to have to accept whatever crumbs she chooses to let fall from her table, and if I don't like it, I can go my own way. No doubt there are many who would say that's all I deserve, but I was left feeling hurt and disappointed, and even a little angry at what seemed to me to be more than a little cynicism on her part - she knows what I want, and that it's in her power to say 'yea or nay', and she seems to be ready to try and take advantage of that power. For a while, maybe an hour or two, I was almost ready to pull the plug and walk away. I don't want, and never have wanted, to dominate her, but I equally don't want to be dominated. If this is the way she thinks things are going to go, then maybe it is time to give up the fight. I want us to stay together, and I've made no secret of the fact, but not at any price.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, things are starting up...I understand exactly what you are saying here. You shouldn't have to suffer domination to maintain the relationship. I'm sure you've stressed this, but point out that 1) you haven't cheated on her, and 2) you don't intend to. That might help. I don't know. I have no experience in these matters so I can do is toss out softballs.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      In all honesty, I haven't got any experience in these kinds of situation, either. I do know that when the phrase 'This isn't blackmail, but....' appears in a conversation, things are not looking bright, though. I'll just have to see what the coming days bring.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete