Thursday 1 March 2012

It's not as bad as I thought....

....it's far worse. We had another conversation this evening, while I was on my break at work, another 30-odd minutes of unmitigated nightmare. I'd like to say there was any sort of chink of light, any potential redeeming feature in the situation, but there are none. I was always pretty certain how my wife would react, as I've said before, but, if anything, I underestimated how vehement her reaction would be. And that's without any mention of boys.
Why did I have to be so fucking honest? This is a disaster of biblical proportions.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I just can't believe you did this. It's like a death wish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brian
      I was put in a position, by a direct, closed question, of either telling my wife the truth, or telling her a blatant lie. I chose honesty.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry it's going to poorly. I guess it could have been predicted. I hope she doesn't try to drive a wedge between you and your daughter.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Predictable - probably. But it's always been an accident waiting to happen, I guess. And, as I said to Brian, once I was faced with the truth/lie dichotomy, there wasn't really anywhere else to go.
      I've been in touch with my daughter separately, so I've at least got the chance to talk to her from my viewpoint, even while I'm here in Surrey. She's already accepted me for who I 'really' am, and I think she's acute enough to resist any sort of 'blackwashing' campaign that might ensue.
      I'll just have to 'ride the wave', and see where it washes me up, I suppose.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete