Sunday 4 August 2013

A bit deranged....

....even by my standards! My day, that is. I worked my last night shift of the week overnight, but it was my turn to finish on a long break, meaning, given the way we arrange such things, that I was free from 4:30. The first train back to 'domicile-ville' on a Sunday morning, however, isn't until 7:25. When this situation has arisen before, I've managed to swap my 'early day', taking my 'perk' on a day when an earlier train was available, but I couldn't do that this time because of others' swapping of shifts. So I decided to do something pathologically nerdy instead, taking advantage of London's stellar bus service - you can get pretty much anywhere, 24/7 - to go off on an early morning meander. Seeing the suburban streets so quiet, and to see the sun coming up while the vast majority of the populace were still in bed was an interesting experience - if you're easily interested, some might say! I carried on meandering until lunchtime, albeit somewhat hamstrung by the fact that half of London seemed to be closed to traffic to facilitate today's RideLondon cycling event, but I've subsequently subsided into 'worktown' Wetherspoons to suppress the bothersome blood that has crept into my alcohol stream over the past, abstinent, week. How long I'll manage to stay awake, though, remains to be seen!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA
    I think a nice meander is always a good thing. I went meandering at a fair grounds today at a ham radio expo. That was quite nice, temp was 72F, sunny sky, lots of nice people! And now off to a friend's house to work on the alcohol transfusion.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I enjoyed the trip, all in all, although there wasn't much eye candy in evidence at 5:00 in the morning! The beer finished me off, in terms of stamina, though - I was back at base by 6:00, and asleep by just after 8:00. What an exciting life I lead!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete