Sunday 11 August 2013

Confirmation

The day with my daughter on Thursday is now officially cancelled, to my complete lack of surprise. She's not coming up until Friday evening, just to avail herself of the free accommodation option to facilitate her going to her 'gathering' over the weekend while I work three late shifts. I've still got my week off at the end of the month, so there may be a chance that I'll be able to spend some time with her, but I'm not holding my breath in expectation. Just what I need in my present downbeat state. Not that it's K's fault, of course - she's got her own life, and her own agenda, quite rightly. It does, once more, though, raise the question of what I do, where, and for what reason. What my agenda should be.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Siiiigh...she's still your daughter, she still loves you, and by all accounts you've done a fine job raising her, since at least in my opinion, a parent's job is to raise her to be her own person.

    I know this doesn't help, but it is a compliment.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Being a good parent is a worthwhile pursuit in itself, even if it doesn't always, or even often, bring commensurate reward. That still doesn't do anything much to assuage my disappointment at the loss of our day together, but, hey, get used to it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete