Wednesday 14 August 2013

Calmer, but mired in indecision

The title says it all, really - I'm much more chilled than I was earlier, perhaps helped by a moderate dose of alcohol, but I'm back into the quo vadis mode I've spent much of the recent past inhabiting. Even a year and a half after the fracture that ended my old life, I still don't know what I want to do, or even where I want to do it. A little exchange with my boss at work this morning illuminates my present situation - he asked me how I was, and I made an ironic comment about being delighted to be at work. In equally lighthearted vein, he asked me what else I would be doing if I wasn't there, to which I gave the telling reply - 'I'm still trying to work that out'. One day, I feel like I should stay where I am, maybe to give my daughter the chance to come up to London, as she's indicated she'd like to do, for her further education, the next I feel desperate to go back to Cornwall, while the next I feel like running away to much further-flung, sunnier climes, which, in my case, would probably mean Gran Canaria. Wherever I go, though, the elephant in the room will be around relationships - knowing that what I really want is almost certainly unobtainable, can I bring myself to try for another 'second-best', given how disastrously the last one ended? Another unanswerable question, or so it seems.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I think just finding some friends would help a lot, Sammy. Some folks that weren't work related to be around. Gay, straight, purple, whatever...

    I take it you haven't been offered the position in Cornwall, and it seems your daughter may well come north for uni, so perhaps staying the course a bit longer, and looking for second best - which isn't always a bad thing - would be a decent idea.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Knowing my propensity for inertia, I'll probably ending up by staying where I am, geographically and in terms of personal interactions, until some huge impetus propels me in a different direction. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure, as the old joke has it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete