Monday 26 August 2013

'I was too sad to talk'

That was how my daughter explained not having answered her phone when I rang her last night, after I finally did get hold of her this morning. Out of the blue, from the way K described it, her boyfriend has dumped her. These things happen in 'young love', of course, but it's the first time it's happened to her, so she's naturally upset. Not that I said so in the circumstances, but, in my opinion, it's better that something like this should happen at a relatively early stage of a relationship, rather than after months or even years. All being well, her customary resilience will see her in good stead before too long, and on the lookout for someone with a bit more 'stickability'. She was going to a nice seasidey place, one we used to visit a lot when we first moved to Cornwall, with some friends today, so that, hopefully, will have cheered her up a bit.
Whether the emotional upheaval has had anything to do with it, I don't know, but the other outcome of this morning's conversation is that K has decided that Thursday is her preferred day for me to visit. Having no other specific plans for this week, that suits me as well as any other day. I'll be looking forward to it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment