Monday 19 August 2013

Normal service resumes

Whatever 'normal' is supposed to mean. I've been off the air for a couple of days because my daughter has been staying with me so that she could go to the 'Summer in the City' gathering, but I've been working late shifts, so I've been going out earlier and getting back later than I ordinarily would to allow me to travel up and down to London with my girl, thereby maximising the amount of time I could spend with her, which in turn has reduced the time available for competing pursuits, including blogging. It was worth it, though, because I have renewed hope after our discussions over the past few days that she might still come up this way to do her A-Levels, something I thought might have been kicked into touch by her love life. Her fresh interest in moving to live with me isn't entirely driven by an insatiable desire for my company, though - it seems that her boyfriend is aiming to go to uni in London next year. I can cope, though, with being a 'means to an end' if the outcome is having something resembling a proper home again, and one with K in it, to boot.
K has gone back to Cornwall now, though, so I'm left to my own devices once more, which, allied with an unexpected slightly early finish at work, has found me in 'domicile-ville' Wetherspoons again. And 'cute barman' - whose name, I discovered from the display on the till when he served me a little while back, is Ben - is here again, too. I haven't the slightest expectation of anything happening, but he is, at least, nicer to look at than anyone else in here at the moment. Any small pleasure gratefully accepted!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good, Sammy! Glad things are going well all the way around.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It hasn't been a bad weekend, although it would've been better if I'd been able to spend more time with K. Beggars can't be choosers, though!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete