Friday 23 August 2013

City at night

For reasons that, I suspect, have little to do with anything other than irremediable insanity, I undertook an outing that I'd been contemplating for around two years, but had never got around to. I spent a whole night meandering around London on night buses. I finished work, for my week or so off, at 7:30 yesterday evening, and finally got back to my accommodation at 6:00 this morning. It was certainly an interesting experience - given that it was a weeknight, I was expecting it to be relatively quiet, but the number of people about even very late, even at 3:00 or 4:00, was a surprise. I don't know if it's something I'd want to do too often, but, equally, it's not something I'd say I'd never do again, although I think it would need to be at this sort of time of year - on a cold, damp winter night, I doubt it would've been much fun. There's another downside of the overnighter experience, too, as opposed to my normal daytime peregrinations - no eye candy! All the cuties are in bed, getting their beauty sleep. Ready for my next daytime trip, hopefully!
The rest of the day has been a bit of a write-off, really - I went to bed for a few hours, but still felt a bit on the weary side when I got up, so I've decided to make the first day of my holiday a chill-out day. I've heard no more yet from my ex, about when she wants to go to the Midlands, so I'm still 'on call', as it were, to go to Cornwall. Any time would suit me, in all honesty.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun.

    When do the pubs close down?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Most of the pubs close at midnight-ish on a weeknight, maybe an hour or so later at weekends, but there were plenty of clubs and restaurants open a lot later. And more than a few people who had imbibed more than their fair share, from what I saw!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Sammy

    This sounds like an interesting and "different" thing to do - perhaps not quite my cup of tea, but it sounds as if you enjoyed it.

    I hope you also enjoy your holiday week, whether it's in Cornwall or Surrey. Could you visit Cornwall anyway, even if you're not required?

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      As I said, the trip was something that I'd wanted to do for a while, and I did, on the whole, find it enjoyable. It's definitely not something that would be to everyone's taste, though!
      I'll be going to Cornwall for at least one day while I'm off whatever transpires, to see K, but if the opportunity arises to spend more time there, even if the circumstances behind any such visit aren't happy ones, I certainly won't hesitate.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun! Now we need to get you a camera so you can take pictures of these adventures!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I did buy a camera, albeit only a cheap and cheerful one, ages ago, with a view to putting a few pictures in the blog - there are two or three 'illustrated' posts in the early part of this blog, and exactly one in Nephelokokkygia - but K sort of 'permanently borrowed' it not long afterwards. Now that she's got her own, more elaborate, camera, though, I might try to reclaim it at some point. I've never been much of a photographer, though, so whether any resulting pictures would enhance the blog is pretty doubtful!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete