Saturday 10 August 2013

Another fantasy

On the face of it, more accessible than most I indulge in, but, in reality, a complete non-starter. The cute barman in 'domicile-ville' Wetherspoons. I rarely see him, because he only seems to work evening shifts at weekends, times when I'm almost never in the place. I'm here tonight, though, having escaped from work an hour earlier than expected, and so is he. My 'gaydar' is virtually non-existent, but he does come across as a 'definite maybe'. He's probably just into his twenties, good-looking in a boyish way (obviously, if he's caught my attention), and, even if he is gay, way out of my league. I've indulged in a few 'what-ifs' in the last half hour or so, but I can't envisage any any realistic circumstances under which he'd want anything to do with me. Here's what you could have won, if you'd had the courage to be yourself about thirty years ago. Now? Forget it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. But you never know until you try.

    According to one gay blogger in Canada, there's a veritable cornucopia of young guys wanting to get with older gay men. Less drama, less hassle, experience, discretion...it's giving me the hope to at least try.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's not, I guess, completely implausible, but it's both very unlikely, and not, in all honesty, what I really want. Last year's experience of the consequences of accepting 'second-best' doesn't really encourage me to get into a comparable situation again.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete