Tuesday 20 August 2013

Now there's a poignant moment

Around 14 months since my 'Farewell to Cornwall' post, I've finally conceded that the location info on my Blogger profile - (In temporary exile from) Cornwall - doesn't reflect reality. There's no prospect, in the next few years at least, it seems, that I'll be heading back there, especially in the light of my discussions with K over the weekend. So I am, now, 'officially' located in Surrey. It still isn't home, though.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I get you on that. Nowhere in England is a beautiful as Cornwall, at least that I've visited. And I understand the home part, too. It took me a long time before Virginia felt like home, but now I can't imagine leaving.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      'Home' is, for me, and probably for most others, to do with people as well as places, and I'm afraid Surrey doesn't qualify on either score, and most likely never will. One way or another, if Cornwall is out of reach, London is the prime candidate for 'second-best', because I do like a lot of things, if not everything, about the place, and because of how it fits into K's plans. Time, as ever, will tell.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete