Thursday 8 August 2013

More evidence....

....for my belief that people who want to be parents should have to pass an exam to show they've got some aptitude for the role before they're allowed to breed. I was on a bus earlier, a couple of rows of seats behind a mother and three daughters. Apropos of nothing, as far as I could see from six feet or so away, the woman turned on one of the girls, saying in a voice loud enough that most of the bus must have heard, 'What are you fucking doing, you're mangy scum'. The child was about six years old, maybe seven at the most. What chance has that girl got, growing up in that kind of environment? Every chance, as far as I can see, of becoming a dreadful parent in her turn, rearing children who will be dreadful parents in theirs. I profoundly hope I'm wrong, and that something happens to break the cycle, but I'm not optimistic.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment