Sunday 25 August 2013

Lots of nots

That pretty much sums up yesterday - things not happening, or not being as congenial as they might have been. Not a nice day, for a start - it rained for most of the day, rained hard in the middle of the day, but I still went out and about, because the alternative was another day on my own in my room. Not much in the way of eye candy, either, doubtless because of the weather, although there were one or two exceptions - when I got to 'domicile-ville' station on my way out yesterday morning, there were two almost impossibly cute brothers getting on a train (not the one I caught, sadly), but they were much more the exception than the rule. And the day ended with another 'not', 'cute barman' not working in my local Wetherspoons.
The biggest 'not', though, was the upshot of a phone call I fielded mid-morning, from my ex. It looks like I won't be going to Cornwall in the coming week, apart from the day trip K and I already had planned, because it seems that my ex has decided not to go to the Midlands after all. If she doesn't want to go, that's her business, of course, but it did seem as though she was trying to come up with 101 excuses for aborting the trip, rather than having any really valid reasons for doing so. There's nothing to stop me finding a hotel and going for a longer visit, I guess, but the inflated summer and, particularly, Bank Holiday prices for accommodation aren't exactly a major incentive for that plan, so it looks like I'll just have to swallow my disappointment once more, and make do with a day with my daughter - if she ever gets around to deciding which day suits her best. Not, on the whole, the best day of my life.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment