Monday 6 October 2014

Bucket list, item 1 of 1

I was just about to go out on what is the first of 12 days off, but I've just looked out of the window to see it pouring with rain. I'll still go, though, maybe just a little later. Because I'm utterly fed up of being at the bottom of the heap, despite trying to live my life in a way other people might find acceptable. Except they don't, of course, whichever way I turn all I see is society's view of me as a cardboard cutout villain. Well, call me what you will, because I'm going to make sure I'm on the same bus I was when I had my 'oasis moment' on Friday. I have almost no doubt that I'll end up disappointed, but there's nothing much left to lose, anyway, so what does it matter?

1615 edit: I actually saw him, but not on the bus, and in circumstances that were so stupidly depressing, or depressingly stupid, or both, that I can't bring myself to talk about it. When the fates seem to be so determined to make your life a misery, all that's left to do is to consume enough liquid anaesthetic to render yourself insensate.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. God I wish I got 12 days off once in a while! But working all those weekends...ugh...

    I hope you have the chance to see him again!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The time off is pretty much my 'summer holiday', just time-shifted to now, using my annual leave up, but still welcome, as you suggest.
      As to the boy - after yesterday's scenario, trying to contrive another crossing of our paths has the potential to be far too depressing, as well as being highly unlikely to be the precursor to any sort of friendship, so I'll probably just bow to the inevitable, and stay away.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete