Friday 3 October 2014

Black and white

My heart was in my boots almost as soon as I got to work yesterday afternoon. There had apparently been a documentary on TV on Wednesday evening about a person who had set up a fake website to entrap 'paedophiles' by posing as various young girls, and the programme was the first topic of conversation, along with a recent case of a school deputy head who'd committed suicide after having been found to have secretly taken pictures of boys in his school's changing rooms. Cue the usual kneejerk reactions, the 'hang 'em, flog 'em and lock em' up and throw the key away' bullshit 'cut and pasted' directly from the tabloid press, without any further thought process at all. Nothing I haven't heard umpteen times before, but the reason I was so downhearted by it on this occasion was that the conversation was initiated and pretty much led by probably the only person at work I would consider a friend as opposed to a colleague, the guy I work with regularly who's the father of the two boys, including the supercutie whose photo is his phone wallpaper, I've mentioned a number of times in the past. The knowledge that if I let my mask slip, even for a second, I'd become a hate figure for him really hit me hard. But, of course, my attractions are a 'choice'. Ask any 'right thinking' person.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment