Thursday 16 October 2014

Honesty

Getting up this morning, and finding a post at a friend's blog which had been published overnight, has made me realise, in connection with what I wrote yesterday, that maybe there is something I can do to revitalise my blog. Lose my cowardice at the potential reactions of others - in the end, as I've said before, who am I trying to appease anyway, hardly anyone even reads the damned blog - and inject a dose of honesty. Total honesty. That said, I'm still going to remain pseudonymous, but that is strictly to protect my daughter's interests - my job would be in jeopardy if my blog came to the attention of my company, I strongly suspect, and given that K needs food, shelter and the wherewithal to complete her education, and there's no-one else able to do that for her, I need to carry on keeping my cyberspace and real lives strictly separate.
So, what was the topic of the post which 'inspired' me, if that's the right word? Well, today is apparently 'Spirit Day', where people are encouraged to support and show solidarity with the LGBT community by wearing purple. All very laudable, on the surface, but my immediate reaction was to wonder how much solidarity the 'community' would show towards me, as a boylover. Somewhere between minimal and zero, on the basis of my experience. Many gay men hate boyloivers even more than those in the 'mainstream', because they're terrified of being tarred with the same brush, or because they think that joining in the chorus of mindless excoriation of 'paedos' will gain them a few brownie points to put towards their acceptance by 'society', and that's without even starting on what the 'L' contingent think. 'Equality' without genuine inclusiveness is a concept that isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I got your back, Sammy.

    It's a shame that people can't wrap their heads around things they don't understand. I wonder if you made it clear your thoughts, etc. that those who do read your blog might "get it"? I GET IT!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Anyone who reads my blog is free to comment as they wish, however pro or anti my position they might be, as long as they realise that I'm quite prepared to 'fight my corner'. Equally, anyone who finds me and my predilections beyond the pale is free to go elsewhere. What I'm not willing to do any longer, though, is to 'self-censor' for the benefit of the faceless 'they'.
      And, as ever, your stalwart friendship and support is very much appreciated.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete