Saturday 25 October 2014

Sammy's paradox

Why are the lows always so much deeper than the highs are high, especially when they're in close proximity? Like my feelings a couple of hours ago, on a bus in West London. There was a boy involved, predictably enough, sitting opposite me in the company of his mother, cutish, fair haired, 11/12, but the real hook was his bubbly personality, his very obvious joie de vivre. The sort of person who you would love to be best friends with. But then, of course, after 20 minutes of basking in his aura, his 'boyness', he was gone, the buzz was gone, replaced by the relentless knowledge that, as close as he'd been sitting to me, he was out of reach forever, the dead hand of 'never' strangling the spirit out of me once more. I'll get over it, there's no alternative, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Bask, buzz...it's all good. I do the same thing. Not terribly satisfying but better than nothing!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Ever the 'double-edged sword' I've talked about before. On balance, I'd still rather have a cutie around than not, even if the frustration is difficult to deal with at times.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete