Tuesday 14 October 2014

Obtuse

I pride myself on being 'bright', it's always been my greatest asset, but there are times when I need to be beaten over the head by the glaringly obvious before I'll take on board things that I should know from the outset. Like this afternoon. Not only was I stupid enough to go looking for the boy on the bus from the Friday before last, but I found him. And he looked straight through me. Absolutely no reason, of course, why he should've done anything else, but it took my seeing it with my own eyes to accept that the moment of humour we shared was just that, a moment. And even if we had, by some unaccountable miracle, 'clicked', it would only have taken a millisecond to work out that if he'd happened to mention to his parents that he'd made a friend on the bus, but that the 'friend' was a middle-aged bloke, what the reaction would've been. I'm not upset - except with my failure to engage with reality.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Set your sights higher. I did. I found exactly what I was looking for. When and where I least expected it. Nor did I think it would grow the way it has.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've seen the e-mail. Thanks.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete