Thursday 30 October 2014

Nothing days

Typical of being on nights, really, the past couple of days have comprised almost nothing beyond the work-commute-sleep-eat-commute-work cycle. The feeling of being disconnected from the rest of the world has been accentuated by the fact that I've seen almost nothing of K - she's in her typical 'school holiday' mode, travelling far and wide. She went down to the West Country on Tuesday to catch up with one of her friends, then headed off yesterday to stay with her potential bandmates - she still seems to be their preferred candidate for being their new bassist - sleeping over there last night and showing no signs of heading back any time soon, while tomorrow she's off to a Halloween party at one of her schoolfriend's places, relatively local, but once more with an overnight stay. The upshot is that between Monday evening when I left for work, and some time on Saturday, I'll have spent, in the sense of face to face in the same room, all of about ten minutes in my daughter's company, the last few minutes before she set out for Buckinghamshire yesterday morning. I'm off work again next week, continuing my programme of using up my remaining annual leave before the end of the year, but she'll be back at school, so I doubt I'll see much more of her then either. There are times when we seem more like random housemates than anything resembling a family. Mind you, I doubt that I'm unique amongst parents of teenagers in those types of feelings!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. I think you are exactly correct: You two aren't so much different than any other teen/family combo! But you know she loves being where she is!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, I'll gladly accept the crumbs from her table - after all, I haven't got much choice! Seriously, though, the past few months have worked fairly well, we keep each other updated as to our doings, and we haven't had too many serious differences of opinion - yet!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Perfect! All told, this sounds PERFECT! She is in your house. She lives with you. She communicates with you. There are a lot of parents who would ask for more!
      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete