Wednesday 8 October 2014

Erudition (postponed), and reconciliation (maybe)

One of the attractions on offer in London for nerds like me are lectures, often free, on all sorts of esoteric subjects. That said, I've been to precisely none so far, although I did seriously consider going to one, given by a historian I've come across several times on various TV programmes, this evening. In the event, though, I was distracted by other considerations (which didn't work out, surprise, surprise) and didn't make it, but there is another coming up in a couple of weeks time, on dark matter, which I'm really keen to attend, work permitting. Given the amount of time off I've got in the near future, I might get lucky.
One reason I was left to my own devices this evening is that K is over at her (recent) cute ex-boyfriend's, 'hanging out', as she described her plans to me last night. When I asked if a reconciliation was on the cards, she shrugged and said 'err....maybe'. I have to admit I wouldn't be too upset if they got back together, for reasons that are, frankly, pretty selfish - I'll certainly try to become better acquainted with him, given half a chance!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I went to a concert last night! A symphony concert! You can probably guess who was playing in the orchestra. Worth every moment.

    I love teens' comings and goings! This bf, that one. Oh, this one again! I thought K had a new beau?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      This reconciliation is with the 'new beau', who she summarily dumped last week because he was being 'immature'. I'm pleased I largely avoided the roller coaster of adolescent lovelife, even if the reason I avoided it was because I was mooning over the boys!
      Glad the concert went well, and I hope your forthcoming family weekend is just as good.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete