Saturday 25 October 2014

Sheep!

I was in Wetherspoons in another 'quondam Middlesex' part of Greater London, not too far from base, an hour or so ago, when a buzz went round the pub. The mayor of London had been spotted at the road junction just above the pub - he's aiming to be the next MP for the area, and was doubtless undertaking a 'man of the people' photo opportunity. The number of people who rushed out with their phones to grab a picture of this fascist buffoon was, in more or less equal parts, surprising and depressing. Boris Johnson has been touted, apparently seriously, as a future Tory leader. The prospect of him and Farage in some kind of coalition to run the country after the next election is so horrifying I can barely bring myself to contemplate it. And yet the sheep in the pub would, by the comments I heard, apparently welcome such a prospect. And these people are entitled to vote! The fundamental flaw with democracy, that any credulous moron is enfranchised. Boris for PM = me leaving the country on the first available flight.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky that I have an extra bedroom!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It might be 'out of the frying pan'. etc. if I came over there - a militant atheist boylover - and a committed liberal, to boot - wouldn't fit in too well in your part of the world, I wouldn't have thought!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete