Saturday 4 October 2014

Do you dream in colour?

That was a question I didn't know the answer to, about myself, anyway, for many years, until one night in my twenties, when I had a very vivid (non-sexual) dream about the daughter of a friend of mine, in which she was wearing a bright orange bathrobe. I had another vividly coloured moment in a dream in the early hours of this morning, involving a small boy on a ferry with intensely green eyes, greener than any I've ever seen in waking life. I don't remember anything else about the dream, just those eyes.
The dream boy wasn't as head-turning as a little guy I saw leaving Hackney Central station with his (presumably) mother as I was passing on a bus yesterday lunchtime, though. Blond hair, lovely face, too far away for me to see the colour of his eyes, although blue would have been a good guess, given the colour of his hair. Not the slightest sexual element to my admiration of him - he was only about 4 or 5 - just appreciation of the perfect beauty of a delightful little boy.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I do dream in colour. I occasionally wake up and remember the dream, and I should write some of them down, because they disappear pretty quickly.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I ended up talking to K about this (amongst other things) last night, and she dreams in colour, too, although, apparently, her mother doesn't. Like you, I tend to forget most dreams more or less straight away - I'm sure a bedside notebook would be a good idea, not least because I'm still abjectly lacking in inspiration/motivation to get back to writing fiction, and a good dream scenario or two might just give me the kick up the backside I evidently need on that front.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete