Tuesday 21 October 2014

School holiday views

K is on half term holiday next week, but some schools are off this week, and that proved to be the double-edged sword I've mentioned before when I finished work today. 'Worktown' station was 'eye candy central', with three absolutely delicious boys in evidence as I waited for my train home, albeit that one of them was a little guy who was too young by far to do anything other than coo over. The usual heaviness of heart ensued, though, the knowledge of the untouchability of those I'm enamoured with reinforced once more. When I did get back to the flat, there was another little example of that, too, as my next door but one neighbour got off of the same bus as me, a boy of Asian extraction who is, it seems, in his first year at senior school, so 11/12, who I've seen around several times, and who is more than a little cute (his younger sister isn't difficult to look at, either). Seeing 'ghosts' when I'm out and about might have its bittersweet aspects, but having a cutie on the doorstep, almost literally, is potentially rather more problematic. The temptation to try and drum up some sort of acquaintance with him is compelling, but, ultimately, probably not a very good idea. Hopefully, my habitual cowardice will keep me out of trouble.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'd go nuts. Last Sunday at the Celtic Festival was bad enough!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've been quite lucky, I guess, in not having too many very local cuties, particularly over the past five years when it's been more of a foreground issue. I suppose the 'nearest miss' was the boy next door when we first moved to Cornwall, who, with the benefit of hindsight, might well have been interested in being 'more than friends'. That was saving cowardice - apart from the implications for my marriage (ironically, given subsequent events), his dad was a lovely guy - until you got on the wrong side of him!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete