Monday 21 February 2011

Here's an interesting first!

My wife and daughter have gone off to the Midlands to visit the 'in-laws' today, and I gave them a lift to the station this morning. En route, my daughter, who was in 'teenager' mode, with her IPod and headphones, suddenly let out a 'Whoa!' from the back seat of the car. We asked her the reason for her expostulation, although I had a pretty good idea already. 'Fit lad' was the reply. I was right in my guess as to who/what she'd seen, because I'd spotted him as well. The thing is, I'd looked and thought 'No, too old' - he was about 15, at a guess, and, while he was good looking, he was too much youth and not enough boy for my tastes. So, the first time, to my knowledge, that my daughter has begun to 'outgrow' me! At least we won't be fighting over the likes of him, anyway!
Being on my own at home, I've taken the opportunity to have a thoroughly chilled out day. The most 'strenuous' thing I've done is to finish my new story for 'Cuckoos' - it's another novelty, to a degree, both in terms of its genesis, as I said the other day, and its format. I'm quite pleased with it, overall.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment