Wednesday 2 February 2011

It's getting a bit difficult

I've recently got back to the hobbit hole to find the place in darkness, and workmen digging a hole about fifteen feet away (presumably in connection with the power outage). I wasn't exactly in a sparkling mood to start with, and given that I'm liable to be without my laptop when the battery dies in an hour or so, my last link with sanity and civilisation will be lost. It's not going to take a lot more to see me head back to work, pick the car up and run back to Cornwall, never to return. And that's assuming I don't do anything even more quixotic. What makes me more worried about how I'm feeling at the moment is that there's little emotion involved - I'm feeling cold and flat, but still on the edge. I know I've got responsibilities, and people who need me to be strong, but, ultimately, if I can't justify all this crap to myself, it's not going to work. It's certainly not working just now.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. This is just a temporary setback, hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One hopes the electrics will be back on soon. It happens to me, too! I reported a burning fuse on a pole (pretty green flames) last weekend, and came home an hour and a half later to darkness. I lived.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Brian and Jay
    I'm not claiming any special status or divine right to have everything run smoothly, but this evening was just one of those times when it would have been nice if it had. An imperfect end to an imperfect day, I suppose.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete