Friday 18 February 2011

Keep piling on the pressure....

....and something will inevitably break. After this morning, that something might well be my marriage. The lines of communication seem to be fraying by the day - the conversation we had this morning, before my wife went to work, was pretty painful, for both of us, common ground is scant at best at the moment. From my perspective, of course, I'm not helped by my need to keep so much hidden - if things are nearly falling apart without an outbreak of total honesty on my part, it's not hard to predict where things would go if I told my wife what I really feel, what I really want. It appears that my hopes of having reached the lowest ebb last night were misplaced - there is further to fall, after all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Don't let something happen in the rush of the moment that you will later regret. Keep looking ahead to what the future might hold. Realize too that it costs more to live separately, and the separated/divorced husband usually has to pay for both. Been there and done that. Don't let the prospect of financial difficulties drive you to desperate actions. Your wife might still get a position with her current employer or she might find an even better job. Don't let your fantasy life interfere with your real one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    I know there are no easy answers, and I'm not prone to precipitate actions in any case. My 'fantasy life', as you describe it, has little bearing on the stresses between my wife and I, except in so far as it puts another layer of pressure on me. How that pressure will manifest itself, if at all, remains to be seen.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete