Monday 14 February 2011

There's nothing like healthy eating....

....and that was nothing like it! I'm back in the hobbit hole, albeit only for a couple of nights, and the nearest eaterie is a kebab shop. On the basis that, as Oscar Wilde memorably said, I can resist anything except temptation, I'm afraid I've just indulged in a cholesterol-laden mixed doner by way of my evening meal - and very nice it was too. Heart attack on a plate, and all that, but is this the face of a worried man? I don't think so.
Actually, my usual diet isn't too bad, although anyone who met me on the street would probably assume that I eat meals like this evening's on a regular basis, because there's rather more of me than is really advisable. It just seems that I'm one of those proverbial people who only have to look at a plate of fattening food to put on several pounds, but I've lived this long with my metabolism, and as I've no intention of dieting for the rest of my life, I'm stuck with what I've got for the foreseeable future.
Work-wise, I had a particularly easy day today, in that I was on one of our periodic briefing sessions. Apart from answering a few computerised pages of multiple choice questions relating to my job, which I managed to get through without too many alarms, it was just a case of sitting through a 'death by Powerpoint' session telling me numerous things I already knew. The object of the exercise, as far as my cynical outlook would have it, is that someone somewhere can put a tick in a bureaucratic box indicating that I've been briefed according to the company standards. It keeps the dole queues down, I suppose.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm much the same way about food. I try to eat decently, then the aforementioned heart attack on a plate just tempts me into knocking a few more years off my life. Of course, my doctor would prefer I go vegan, but vegetables aren't food, they're what food EATS!

    I had a decent day at work, too. Spent it working with a new Internet filtering system, the company's engineer, and our sys admins. And when I worked for the US Federal Government, I sat thru enough of the PowerPoints to last a lifetime. Thankfully, no one at my current employer seems to think they are important, so we don't do many of them.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    I'm back on the (relatively) healthy stuff again today, so I'm sure my arteries are heaving a collective sigh of relief!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete