Sunday 20 February 2011

Taking the safety catch off?

I've just been on a mini shopping trip to our local (expensive) supermarket, buying something for dinner today and some Chardonnay for later, largely, because my wife and daughter are probably off on a trip to the Midlands tomorrow, although it's not quite finalised yet. More than many such trips of late, it turned into a bit of a boy-spotting exercise - if there are boys about, I can't help but look, compare and contrast, and there were certainly a few about this afternoon. I've always told myself that I'm only attracted to the good-looking ones, no more than 10% of the total, a kind of extra layer of safety, in an odd sort of way, in that the good-looking ones are more likely to have girlfriends (or, less plausibly, boyfriends) already, and thus be securely unavailable to the likes of me. What this afternoon has made me realise, though, is that this particular 'safety catch' is completely illusory - if the opportunity arose for me to become involved with any sort of boy who was willing and able, I'd take it. Looks are irrelevant. There was one boy in particular, walking around the shop with his family, about 14-ish, who was in no way blessed with 'model' looks (but then, there are few people who are less blessed than me in that regard), but who, to put it crudely, I certainly wouldn't have had any hesitation in taking to bed, as long as he assented. Sad, but true.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Better keep the safety pin on, right? Nevertheless I agree with you, some out there are blessed with a natural beauty that definitely beats the crap out of the model ones. An aura of self-confidence and elegance. Can't stop myself from looking. Hope I'm not staring.

    Enjoy your trip!

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel
    It's all hypothetical, in any foreseeable circumstances - I really have no expectation of being in any situation where my self-control would be tested, but yes, I could and I would, as long as it was consensual. And I definitely can't stop myself looking.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete