Wednesday 16 February 2011

How long does it take?

How long for my holiday to be thrown into disarray? From the time I walked through the door of my house, about two and three-quarter hours. My wife came home from work, and after a few pleasantries, announced that she'd had some news from work. My immediate premonitions of disaster weren't misplaced - basically, she's out of a job from the end of June, unless she gets one of the few jobs that her organisation will have available after that point, in which case she'll have to take a pay cut which will almost completely offset the pay increase I've gained by moving to London. The phrase 'fucking marvelous' springs most readily to mind. Maybe there will be a silver lining within this very dark cloud, but if so, it's remarkably well hidden at the moment.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I'm really sorry to hear this - it's just about the last thing you needed at the start of a holiday that was meant to be a relaxing break. I'd love to be able to offer some ideas, or even help, but nothing comes to mind just now, especially given the general employment situation in your part of the world. I certainly wish you the best of luck for the months ahead.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    It could be worse - I just haven't worked out quite how yet! I suppose we could just stop trying to swim against the tide, and see where we get washed up, but that's a bit of a risk, to say the least. Thank you for the good wishes, much appreciated as ever.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it rains it pours. How I feel for you and your family. Hopefully things will work out, either a spot with her current employer or maybe she'll find something better! I wish you the best, Sammy.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    Nothing's going to happen immediately, but it's potentially pretty terminal as far as our finances go. We'll just have to see how things pan out.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete