Tuesday 1 February 2011

A bit of a nothing day

Not that I'm the sort of person that needs constant drama in their life before I'm happy, but today has been at the other end of the scale entirely. Got up, fairly late by my standards, got ready, wandered around the corner from the hotel to Sainsburys to pick up a few odds and sods, went to work, straightforward shift, came back to the hotel, went online, and that's really about it. I can't even say 'the most exciting thing that happened today was....', because not even anything exciting enough to fall into the category of being appropriate to be added to that unexciting phrase has happened. I suppose most, if not all people have days like mine has been today, totally forgettable. Except, of course, I've memorialised its mundanity by writing about it here. There's probably some irony there somewhere, but I haven't got the mental wherewithal at this time of night to look for it!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Isn't "no drama" a good thing? I know I prefer it. My only drama was driving to a town about 20 miles south of me to pick up 4 pieces of paper I need for Thursday night, and since the guy is printing all this stuff for free, I can't expect him to deliver it...so 50 extra miles of driving today, all on high-volume motorways, with way too many cars going way too fast, and way too close together. Hope tomorrow is as uneventful!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    You're right, some drama-free and uneventful days are not always a bad thing. It wasn't until I started writing about it that I saw the ironic 'twist in the tail' of talking about a day simply because of its unmemorability, and thus immortalising it. But does that mean that the day isn't now unmemorable? I think I'll go to bed before I fry my brain!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sammy;
    Writing a blog has that particular difficulty, doesn't it. Sometimes life has less drama than can be expressed on a page. Your last lines about "memorializing the mundanity" made me really smile. hugs! -randy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Randy
    I suppose lessons can sometimes be learned from the mundane as well as the dramatic - what those lessons are escapes me, though!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete