Friday 10 June 2011

Late nights and early morning calls

I didn't get back to my accommodation until after midnight last night - we had an appalling evening at work, and we were short-handed as well, so, because of the specific job I was covering, part of which involves staying until a full night shift staff is in place, or 11:30, whichever is the earlier, I was stuck at work for an hour and a half longer than normal. By the time I'd wound down a bit and caught up with cyberworld, it was pretty damn late, so the fact that my wife rang and woke me up just after 8:00 this morning wasn't all that welcome.
The call had the normal de rigueur financial element - it's my payday today, so a certain amount of discussion about what was to go where was required - before my wife went on to talk about how my daughter 'seems to be on another planet', is restless, can't concentrate on her homework, forgets things, etc, etc. Sounds like she's in love, to me, and I said so. She's meeting up with her drama school friend this afternoon, and spending a few hours with her. I don't think the distrait behaviour and afternoon/early evening to come are unconnected. My wife wants me to speak to our daughter. How I'm supposed to do that without 'spilling the beans' remains to be seen.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment