Sunday 5 June 2011

Roast beef and lethargy

That pretty much sums up our Sunday. As a family, we've done next to nothing today. My wife was talking a good fight about going out in the latter part of this morning, but then lost whatever enthusiasm she'd had, while my daughter and I didn't even get that close to doing anything - my daughter has been lounging around in her PJ's all day, while I didn't even get around to having a shower until about 2:00 this afternoon, by which time I was getting offensive, even to myself! The only thing I've achieved today has been in the kitchen, our traditional Sunday morning bacon sarnies, and then a nice beef roast by way of our main meal a couple of hours ago. All part of the 'being at home' experience, I guess, as against what I'm going to be doing for another fortnight from Tuesday afternoon.
The best news of the day was finding, in our mail 'inbox' that lives under the telephone table in the hall, a padded envelope which contained my copy of Sandel - I think my wife was expecting it to turn up in more substantial packaging, and had said that she didn't think it had arrived yet. That's tomorrow's agenda taken care of - I'll read it while I've got the house to myself during my family's office/school hours.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    It sounds like a good day - I've managed the lounging around, but the bacon sarnies and roast beef would have gone down nicely.

    Enjoy Sandel!

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    Yes, a good day, particularly by recent standards, albeit with the shadow cast by the knowledge that a good deal of the enjoyment has been in contrast to the increasing unfamiliarity of days like this.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete