Wednesday 22 June 2011

Much as predicted

The 'trailer' about how my time at home is going to pan out seems to have been pretty accurate. When I got back yesterday evening, various bits of paperwork were sitting on the telephone table, immediately inside the front door, and my wife attempted to initiate discussions about them before I'd even had a chance to unpack. I fended that off, largely by agreeing to go shopping instead - not that I mind shopping, but I perhaps didn't want to be doing it an hour or so after setting foot in the house for the first time in a fortnight - but this morning, there was no escape from my being more or less harangued about money. I didn't, I have to admit, take it very well, and, yet again, it all got a bit heated. It's made all the more frustrating by the knowledge that there isn't, at least in the short term, much that I can do differently to make it any better. Apart from my few days off here and there to spend at least a minimal amount of time at home, I'm already working pretty much as many hours as I'm allowed to. And meanwhile, the bills keep rolling in - hefty gas and electricity bills have arrived over the past couple of days, amongst other things. I know most people have these things to contend with, but the feeling of running to not even be able to stand still gets more than a little overwhelming sometimes.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to hear your stay at home has to be that way. Hope things will sort out, one way or another.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel
    Thanks for the kind words - I hope we can work something out, because it's pretty tough going at the moment.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete