Sunday 19 June 2011

Notes to two people I don't know

To C: Thank you for being my daughter's friend, thank you for hugging her and making her feel good about herself. I jokingly asked her to send you round to hug me, too, but I doubt my poor, hiccuping heart could stand the excitement, even if you were up for it. I don't really know you, except by sight, and by what my daughter tells me, but what little I know shows me what a lovely, happy, smiley young man you are. Long may that continue.

To K: I don't know you at all, but if you are going to be the one for my daughter, even short-term, please look after her. She's a lovely girl, and deserves to be cherished. If you have to let her down, please do it as gently as you can. I'm not so old as to not be able to remember what first love and first heartbreak is like. Make her happy, and keep her safe. That's all I dare ask.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Perfect parental response to the first love(s) of your beautiful daughter.

    BTW, not sure if they celebrate it over there, but here it's Father's Day, so HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Just a couple of thoughts that struck me yesterday morning. I think most parents worth the name want their children to be happy, and I'm no different in that regard.
    Yes, it was Father's Day here yesterday - my daughter sent me a nice text message, and there might just be a bottle of something palatable in the fridge when I get home tomorrow evening. Live in hope, at least!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete