Sunday 26 June 2011

Sunshine and shivers, shifting and lifting, shadows of sadness

It's been a really nice day, weather-wise, today, clear blue skies, warm and sunny. We went out shopping around midday, and the trip around the supermarket proved to be an eye candy treat - the place was awash with cuties, albeit mostly much too young to even consider anything more than looking. There were two in particular, probably brothers, by appearances, both as cute as you like, but the younger boy especially was so pretty, it sent shivers down my spine. Delicious, and no mistake. Not only that, but as we arrived back, the boy whose bedroom window I referred to yesterday was out in the local area, riding around on a child's scooter substantially too small for him, possibly his younger brother's. He's not the best looking boy I've ever seen, but he's far from being hard to look at, and given that he lives literally a few tens of feet away, I have hopes of seeing a bit more of him.
This afternoon was moderately strenuous, humping and dumping furniture and other bits and pieces, with two aims in mind. My daughter is having a new bed, which is due to arrive tomorrow, while her existing bed will become a spare, to be used, in the first instance, by the Finnish exchange student due to stay with us in September. To facilitate this, we had to clear the spare bedroom, somewhat euphemistically known as 'the study', which over the past couple of years had degenerated into little more than a dumping ground for things we couldn't find anywhere else to accommodate. It took a few hours, and given how warm it was, proved to be a sticky, sweaty occupation, but at least it's now done, better than rushing around trying to sort the house out in the last few days before the Finnish girl arrives.
As evening has drawn on, my spirits have become rather lower, in the knowledge that my time at home will come to an end early tomorrow morning - I'll be leaving before 7:00 to head back for a late shift. Even with the financially-based frictions of recent days, I'd much rather be here than away for another two and a half weeks, which is the prospect I'm facing. Oh well, make the best of it, I guess, because complaining certainly isn't going to change anything.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. I need to get my spare bedroom cleaned and ready for guests...maybe you've motivated me! But by the time I can work on it in two weeks, it is likely to be hot and sweaty no matter what I do...siiiigh...we've had such a nice spring and early summer, when real summer hits with its 90's and possibly 100's it will be a real b!tch.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    Virtue is supposed to be its own reward, but having my wife to crack the whip and 'persuade' me to do what needed to be done always helps!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you'll have to clear that study twice? I mean, September is far away, and now you have new fresh dumping space at your hands! LOL

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Daniel
    There may be some blood shed in our household if that happens! Either that, or I'll be standing, whip in hand, supervising the person responsible for the dumping clearing it up again!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete