Tuesday 27 September 2011

Indian summer?

The weather forecasters have been promising, if that's not a contradiction in terms when it comes to meteorology, that we're going to be blessed with some unseasonably warm and sunny days this week, but, if the evidence of this morning was anything to go by, it was looking more like November (although it wasn't cold, to be fair). Things seem to have picked up this afternoon, though, and the skies are still clear and starry now, so it's a case of keeping our fingers crossed for the coming days. It would be nice if our visitor gets to see our part of the world at its best, and sunshine certainly helps in that regard, as it does almost anywhere, of course.
The girls were out this evening, having a meal and an informal get together at the home of one of the other pupils at my daughter's school who's involved in the project, so my culinary talents, such as they are, weren't required on this occasion. My wife and I decided to take advantage of the fact by going out for lunch earlier on, which proved to be pleasant enough, if unremarkable, and fairly sociable, too, although I still got the feeling that it wouldn't take much to tip things the other way - I was grousing about the fact that the pub-restaurant where we ate have changed their ordering process, which seemed to me to be a violation of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' principle, and was moaned at in return for 'spoiling things'. I was only expressing an opinion, and it certainly wasn't any criticism of my wife, so I was a bit disappointed at her reaction. It's all a bit like walking on eggshells, even if, on this occasion, none seem to have been broken.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment