Thursday 1 September 2011

Autumn? Not yet, I hope

Now we're into September, all the talk seems to be of summer's end and winter just around the corner, nights drawing in, and all that sort of thing. As far as I know, autumn doesn't start until the equinox, which I heard this morning isn't until September 23 this year, and winter doesn't begin until December 21, or thereabouts. I don't understand the attraction of the rush to leave summer behind - it's been a nice day here in Surrey today, and in the years we've lived in Cornwall, September has been one of the best months, weather-wise. Winter is depressing enough, surely, without wishing months more of it on yourself.
As if my 'addiction' to Runic Drops on the PC isn't enough, I've found another very 'hard to put down' game which I've downloaded to my new phone, called 'Dropwords'. More hours of my dwindling remaining lifespan will be frittered away, I suspect!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Sammy,
    I like the late summer when the weather is not so hot and you can enjoy nature. We speak here in Germany from the "Altweibersommer" (Indian Summer) and the "Golden October".
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guten Tag Nikki
    Late summer does often seem to be a nice time of year over here, too - even going back to my schooldays, I can remember having suffered several weeks of the 'typical British summer' during the holidays, but as soon as we were back in classes, the sun was out with a vengeance!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete